9th PAMET Visayas Regional Conference 14 CPD Units + 4 CPD Units
Chapter : Cebu
Venue : Bai Hotel, North Reclamation Area, Mandaue City, Cebu
Event Date : March 1 - March 2, 2018
CPD Credits : 14 + units
MESSAGE FROM THE CHAPTER PRESIDENT
2018 is a special year for the Philippine Association of Medical Technologists Cebu Chapter as we celebrate our Golden Anniversary. Yes, it was 50 years ago when Cebu Chapter of PAMET, Inc. was formed with the goal of guiding and helping Cebuano medical technologists and of the country reaches new heights. PAMET Cebu Chapter holds the distinction of being the first chapter established outside Metro Manila. The Chapter was also recognized as the 2017 Most Outstanding Chapter during the 53rd PAMET Annual Convention held on November 20-23, 2017. With the 2017 achievements, what could the chapter have in store for 2018?
Cebu - the Queen City of the South is rich with culture, food and sights to see. Cebu City is the oldest city and is the first capital of the Philippines. Cebu is considered as the “Fount of Christianity” in the Far East and has been the center for trade, commerce, education and industry in the Visayas - and for good reason. Cebu has transformed into a global hub for furniture-making, tourism, business, shipping and heavy industry. With all these said, Cebu is overflowing with opportunity for everyone coming from different walks of life. In 2018, as PAMET Cebu Chapter celebrates its 50th anniversary, we invite medical technologists from the region and from around the country to come and experience the beauty of one of the most significant cultural centres in the Philippines during the 2018 PAMET Regional Conference on March 1 and 2 at Bai Hotel, Cebu.
PAMET Cebu Chapter has invited esteemed keynote speakers with expertise in the different fields of Medical Technology for the upcoming conference. Don't miss the opportunity to hear the latest on diagnostic medicine and stay up to date on current trends in laboratory science. Explore the wonders and experience the culture of the Queen City of the South on March 1-2, during the 2018 PAMET Regional Conference with the theme “Golden Years of Empowering Medical Technologists through Culture of Oneness towards Sustainable Development”.
Welcome to Cebu! Welcome to our Hearts!
PRINCE LEE L. BALABA, RMT, MPH
SCHEDULE OF ACTIVITIES
|March 1, 2018 (Day 1)
|8:00 – 11:00
||Arrival and Registration
||Opening of Exhibits
||Chapter President’s Meeting
1:00-2:00PM Technical Competence1: Blood Safety Challenges
Speaker: Dr Reynette Christine J Ligaray, MPH, FPSP
2:00-3:00PM Technical Competence2: Molecular Diagnosis in Clinical Virology
Speaker: Ms Cathy B Lago, MsC
3:00-4:00PM Technical Competence3: Processing of Clinical Samples for Aerobic Bacteriology
Speaker: Ms Christine Ivy Paula S Agtuca, RMT, MPH
4:00-5:00PM Technical Competence4: Post-analytical Management in Aerobic Bacteriology
Speaker: Ms Ingrid D Peralta, RMT
1:00-2:00PM SPP1: CPD Updates and Competencies
Speaker: Hon. Marilyn R Atienza, RMT
2:00-3:00PM SPP2: Research beyond the Academe
Speaker: Dr Edsel P. Inocian, RMT, MPH, PhD
3:00-4:00PM SPP3: Power of Preparedness
Speaker: Mr Odi Sadiasa, RMT
4:00-5:00PM SPP4: QMS: Why is it needed in the laboratory?
Speaker: Ms Menissa S Acierto, RMT, MEd
*SPP – Standards of Professional Practice
(Attire: Formal Attire/Smart Casual with something gold/yellow color)
Activity1: Round Table Discussion: Developing Success Indicators
Facilitators: Mr. Prince Lee L. Balaba,RMT, MPH
Ms. Jovy Ann C. Atoc, RMT, MPH
Inter-Chapter Quiz Show
|March 2, 2018 (Day 2)
7:30AM-8:30AM SPP5: Health Human Resource: How to Plan Performance Appraisals
Speaker: Mr Ricky Martinez, RMT, BB(ASCP), SBB
8:30AM-9:30AM SPP6: Laboratory Biorisk Management Program
Speaker: Dr Miguel Martin Moreno II, CBP, CIFBA
9:30AM-10:30AM Ethics1: Conflicts & Ethical Issues, When the Workplace Becomes a Battleground
Speaker: Ms Rebecca L Husayan, RMT, MBA
10:30AM-11:30AM Technical Competence5: Trends and Impact of Molecular and Genetic Diagnostic Methods
Speaker: Dr Maria Theresa Alera, FPSMID, MHSA
Activity2: Round Table Discussion 2 – Continual Improvement Concept
Facilitators: Ms. JosephineJasmin Ong, RMT
Mr. Mark Kevin C. Cordero, RMT
12:30PM-1:30PM SPP7: Improving Blood Sample Management in the Laboratory
Speaker: Mr Ronaldo E Puno, RMT, MBA-H
1:30PM-2:30PM Environmental1: Effective Communication for LGBT Clients
Speaker: Dr Chamberlain I. Agtuca, Jr. MD
2:30PM-3:30PM Ethics2: Change Has Come: Integrity, Transparency and Accountability
Speaker: Attorney Pio R. Dargantes
3:30PM-4:30PM Technical Competence6: Terrorism and the Saga of the Mamasapano – How Forensics Played a Part there
Speaker: Ms Filipinas Papa, RMT
4:30PM-5:30PM SPP8: Organizational Development and Change in Health
Speaker: Dr Agustin D Agus, FPSGS, FPCS, DODT, PhDOD, RODC
6:00 PM-9:00PM Closing Ceremonies/ Fellowship Dinner
Activity3: Round Table Discussion 3 – Challenges in the Future
SPP – Standards of Professional Practice
Facilitators: Mr. Louie B. Tadlas, RMT, MSMT, DPA
Ms. Rhodalyn O. Canoy, RMT, MPH, DPA
|March 3, 2018 (Special Chapter Event)
|5:00 – 12:00nn
||05:00AM-07:00AM Environmental 2: Summer Color Zumba Bubble Party
Facilitator: Mr. Santiago Gio Sevilla, RN
08:00AM-12:00PM Environmental3: Coastal Clean-up in South Cebu
January 1-31, 2018
February 1-23, 2018
|Pre-convention Workshop : March 1, 2018
"CPD Components: Ethics 1, Standards of Professional Practice (SPP1),
Technical Competence 1 and 2"
|Free of Charge*
|Full Conference : March 1-2, 2018
|Full Conference : March 1-2, 2018
|MT Students** (Undergraduates / Interns)
|Full Conference : March 2, 2018
|Accompanying Guests (Lunch/Dinner)
|*Pre-convention workshop is free for a certain number of delegates on a FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS.
**School ID is required for attending students.
**Fellowship dinner is not included.
ENTITLEMENT: Full Conference fee entitles the delegate to:
- Conference Kit
- Souvenir Program
- March 1 - PM snacks and Welcome Dinner
- March 2 – AM/PM snacks, Lunch and Fellowship Dinner
- Attendance in all scientific sessions and exhibits.
There will be no replacement for Lost Meal Tickets, Souvenir Program or Any Component of the Kit.
CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE will be issued at the end of the conference upon submission of the evaluation form.
- CANCELLATION & REFUND
- Cancellation of registration must be made on or before January 30, 2018.
- 50% of the payment is refundable when cancellation is made on or before January 30, 2018.
- NO REFUND WILL BE MADE AFTER January 30, 2018.
ON-LINE REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS
STEP 1 : Member Sign-up
- Sign up and register to the PAMET Members portal. Visit https://pametinc.ph/, under Members, click on 'PAMET Web Sign-up'.
- Validate your membership by providing your PAMET ID number and your last name. Once validated, provide your active email address and mobile number to proceed with the registration.
- A confirmation email will be sent to your email address. Follow provided instructions to activate your account.
Step 2: Pay the Convention Fees
- Deposit payment at any BDO Branch with the following details:
- Account Name: Phil. Association of Medical Technologists - Cebu
- Account Number : 006-108-002-925
- Write your FULL NAME and Affiliation on your deposit slip (Payor’s Name).
Step 3: Event Registration
- Login to your account. https://pametinc.ph/home/login.php
- Go to CPD Activities tab and click on '9th PAMET Visayas Regional Conference', then click on 'Register on this Event'.
- Provide your payment information, including your transaction slip / sponsorship voucher and click on Submit.
- Wait 3-5 working days to validate your payment. Once validated, a confirmation email will be sent to your email.
For Members but No PAMET ID and Non-Members :
- Pay your convention fees.
- Click and Sign-up using this link https://goo.gl/forms/bIvpEGKUnYlSyJeB2
- Email your information with the subject line "PAMET Visayas Regional Conference - (Your Full Name)" at email@example.com. Include your complete name, affiliation, mobile number and attach your payment slip.
- Wait 3-5 working days to validate your payment. Once validated, a confirmation emaill will be sent to your email address.
Philippine Association of Medical Technologists, Inc.
+639232830024 | firstname.lastname@example.org