"Dagdag Karunungan, Kinabukasan ng Kalusugan” is a post-graduate scholarship
program supported by Safeguard for active PAMET (Philippine Association of Medical
Technologists, Inc.) members. PAMET envisions Medical Technologists in the
Philippines to be globally competitive and highly competent. The purpose of this
program is to assist medical technologists in completing their higher educational goals
and achieve higher competency as med tech professionals. This scholarship is available
on a competitive basis to medical technologists practicing in the Philippines who are
active members of PAMET
The program is divided into two (2) categories:
- Masters degree / Doctorate degree (Full Scholarship, Dissertation/Thesis)
- Post-graduate Training Scholarship Course along any of the specialized fields of Medical Technology.
All applicants must be practicing medical technologists in the Philippines and active members of the Philippine Association of Medical Technologists, Inc.
For Masters / Doctorate Program:
- The applicant must be enrolled in a Graduate Program in Medical Technology or specialized field which can be finished in 2-3 years.
- Must have earned at least 15 credit units.
- There will be 1-3 grantees at a time.
- The scholarship will cover the tuition fee starting the semester after earning the required 15 units for full scholarship and fees for thesis / dissertation as assessed by the Scholarship Committee.
- Must be an active member of PAMET in good standing.
For The Post-graduate Training Program
- Maximum of 10 scholars will be chosen per scholarship cycle.
- Applicants must be practicing as Medical Technologists for at least 3 years.
- Must be an active member of PAMET for at least 3 years.
The scholarship program will cover the fee for the course.
The Post-Graduate Scholarship Award Selection Committee will evaluate and recommend applicants on the following priority order and criteria:
- Academic achievement (for masters/doctorate program only)
- Recommendation letter from the immediate head.
- Completeness of application and timeliness
- Active membership and involvement to PAMET
- Not an incumbent National officer or member of the Board.
- PAMET shall create a Grant and Scholarship Committee, composed of the Executive Officers
- The decision of the Post Graduate Scholarship Committee is final
- Selection Notification will be given in writing to grantee
- Chosen scholars will be notified of their selection through mail.
RESPONSIBILITY OF THE GRANTEE
- No grade lower than 1.75 or its equivalent in any subject to maintain the scholarship.
- A completion report must be submitted three (3) months after graduation.
Thesis / Dissertation Grants
- The thesis/dissertation must be completed and passed within 1 1/2 years from the
time the grant was given. You are expected to use the grant funds only as
specified in the approved grant proposal and submit the final report including
details of expenses together with a copy of the paper within 30 days after defense.
- The Final Research Paper will be presented in any PAMET major activity and to be published in PAMET journal.
HOW TO APPLY
- Fill-up The Post-Graduate Scholarship application form. All sections must be completed.
- Include two (2) original letters of recommendation. Note: Letters of recommendation should be placed individually in sealed envelopes
- Most recent school transcript of records must show all enrolled, completed and transferred credits. (for masteral / doctoral)
- Completed applications must be sent on or before the postmark deadline. No exceptions or extensions will be made. No e-mail applications will be accepted.
Send the original application packet and all pertinent documents to:
Chairman, Committee on Grants and Scholarships
Philippine Association of Medical Technologists, Inc, - Secretariat
1720 Cityland 10 Tower 2 Ayala Avenue North , Makati City
Download File: post_grad_announcement.pdf |